Creamfinance offers consumer finance services in 7 countries, and our team currently consists of 400 passionate employees. In 2017 Capitec, the second biggest bank in South Africa became one of our main shareholders and, given their ambitions and market position, it is just natural that also Creamfinance is addressing opportunities that are offered by markets we are or want to be present in. In that respect, we would like to strengthen our professional capacity and are looking for a talented
If you have a passion for data, possess a keen attention to details and enjoy working in an international
environment, this job offer might be something you would like to take a look at.
Your key role will be to:
- Perform analysis of available data sources and construct data features that are used in loan
application and underwriting process to mitigate the probability of fraud
- Be responsible for the selection, training and deployment of machine learning algorithms to identify
and measure the probability of fraud application. This includes other integral parts of data science
projects, such as getting, cleaning and exploring data
- Participate in meetings and consult with team members from risk team and countries across the
group to continuously improve fraud prevention and loan underwriting process.
If you can prove that you have:
- Interest in the detection of anomalies and rear events
- Experience in finance, banking or IT industry (not a must but rather nice to have)
- Higher education in IT or computer science, mathematics/statistics, data science or machine
- Knowledge about R and SQL as these will be your main working tools
- Ability to apply machine learning models on real live data
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. High-level of attention to details
- Fluency in English
Then we will offer you:
- Work in an international environment for a rapidly growing company
- Strong growth and learning opportunities
- Friendly team, informal atmosphere and crazy Lan parties with unlimited pizza
- Competitive remuneration package.